day 1 - mo
- Arrival at Terceira, Angra do Heroismo.
- Evening: Meeting and welcome dinner at O Chico - small traditional food restaurant.
2 - tu
- Introduction to Chain and course theme
- Visit to Monte Brasil
- Visit to Biscoitos: from wild nature to human tamed land
- Visit to Wine Museum
Lunch at Ti’Choa (Regional Restaurant - Traditional Azorean Gastronomy)
- Visit to Gruta do Natal (volcanic cave - lava stream)
- Visit to Algar do Carvão (vertical volcanic cave)
- Visit to Furnas do Enxofre (sulphur fumaroles)
- Back to Angra do Heroísmo through the centre of the Island.
Volcanic landscape and traditional Azorean fields
- Remaining afternoon preparation of performances on basis of the tile panels (historical scenes).
|3 - we
Lunch: free lunch.
- Library/Bettencourt palace: tile panels with historical events and the map of J.H. van Linschoten (16th c.)
- Visit to the city of Angra do Heroísmo comparing the map of Van Linschoten: castles, harbour, cathedral, main historical buildings and landmarks of how Portugal/Europe headed West on the Discoveries quest - objects as a reflection of the connections between the Azores and Portugal/Europe. Performance: historical scenes based on the tile panels (Angra's library) - by participants.25
- Visit to the São João Baptista fortress.
|4 - th
- Departure to the airport.
- Flight to Horta (arrival at 13:00).
- Free time for check in and lunch.
- Meeting at Peter's.
- Visit to Horta harbour: in search of your flag and paintings (on the quay) of compatriots.
- Visit to Whale Factory Museum in Horta (Porto Pim).
Dinner: at Taberna do Porto Pim
|5 - fr
- Departure from hotel
- Whale Watching boat tour - hoping to watch whales and dolphins in the open Atlantic Ocean.
- Arrival to Pico (Lajes)
- Tour on Pico:
- Whalers museum (Lages).
- traditional distilleries and wine production site (Lajido).
- the UNESCO classified vineyards.
- Boat back to Horta
- Free dinner
|6 - sa
- Visit to Capelinhos Volcano: having metaphorically started the course in an extinct volcano, the end is set near a dormant but still alive one
- Climbing Capelinhos
- Closing session - evaluation and certification (on the vulcano)
- Return to Horta
- visit to Peter Café Sport Scrimshaw Museum (whale-bone carving artpieces, traditionally done by sailors).
Evening: Farewell dinner at Peter Café Sport (an icon and imperative stop-by cafe-bar for the international sailor's fraternity) in the well-known international harbour of Horta City.
|7 - su